Saturday, July 4, 2009

What's Your Hair Type?

I remember the first time I saw 3a, 2c or 4b describing the type of hair someone has? My thoughts were... what in the world could that mean?!?! I'm sure there are many of you that are thinking the very same thing right now. So, I thought I would share with you what these number and letter combinations mean.

First the number... Typically describes the texture of your hair in it's natural state.
1 - Straight hair
2 - Wavy hair
3 - Curly hair
4 - Kinky hair

Then the letter... Typically describes thickness of your strands
a - Fine
b - Medium
c - Thick

Sometimes trying to figure out your thickness of your strands may be easier for some, but not for others... or you think it's one thing when it's the next. Here's a simple test you could try... Hold your hair and make a pony tail, now wrap all the hair around one finger. How many times did it go around that finger?

1 time: thick
2-3 times: medium
4+ times: fine

Hope this helps. Until next time...

Ms. Naturesk
Excellence in Beauty!

No comments:

Post a Comment