Thursday, August 27, 2009

The scales/flakes are gone


Back in July, I made an entry showing you how my scalp looked. For a few years I've had a problem with my scalp, not knowing what was causing this itchiness that nothing seemed to resolve.

I've finally realized what caused it... it's the relaxer chemicals I use to straighten my hair. I'm not sure if there something I've become allergic to or if the formula has changed. I've also tried a few different relaxers, so, I'm not too sure about the formula being an issue. Now I know I have to protect my scalp very well when I relax and I have to calm my scalp down after the process is complete.

So, I've created a blend of oils that I use about 8-10 days after I relax and I have to wash my hair about 2-3 times during the 8-10 day period. After this, the itching and scaling subsides tremendously. If I treat my scalp at least once a week when it's time to wash, then it all goes away.

I'm so happy and so relieved that I found a solution and I could share it with you. I recently trimmed my hair after my last relaxer and enclosed images below of my scalp before & after. The image at the top left is what my hair looks like now.
Tell me what you think.

-------------BEFORE: ---------------------------- AFTER:

No comments:

Post a Comment